- What we do
- Get connected
- Free resources
- Support local NGOs
Support grassroots NGOs to become financially sustainable.
Donate to Mango's bursary fund or tweet your support.
- Grassroots NGOs play a vital role in aid and development
- Only 1.6% of international humanitarian aid goes to local organisations
- Strengthening local NGOs’ capacity to manage funds well is the key to bringing about lasting change
#MakeItCount: join our campaign and help us raise £5,000
We are proud to launch this interactive campaign on 10 November, International Accounting Day. With your help, we aim to:
- Raise £5,000 for our bursary scheme - this will fund financial management training bursary places for 15 local NGOs
- Raise awareness of the innovative, inspiring ways NGOs make their funds count, and what drives success and sustainability in their work
- Raise awareness of the importance of building NGOs’ financial management capacity
#MakeItCount – Join our campaign
Make a donation or tweet your support
- Make a donation to our bursary scheme - any amount, big or small, will make a huge difference to the NGOs we work with
- Tweet this to help us raise awareness of the campaign: Help NGOs worldwide make the most of their money.Give the gift of financial sustainability: http://ow.ly/UsXaP @mango4NGOs #MakeItCount
Here are some inspiring examples of how grassroots NGOs are making their funds count for long-term impact
Why donate to Mango’s bursary fund?
Through our bursary scheme, we offer heavily subsidised places on our training courses to local NGOs. We set them on the road to financial independence and sustainability. We move closer to realising our vision of a world where everyone is confident that NGOs are making the most of their money.
We'll make every penny of your donation count
Listen to Grace as she explains the impact a bursary had on Upendo, an organisation which works with orphans in Kilifi, Kenya:
Calling all NGO workers and volunteers - sum up your long-term impact with a photo and caption
This is a fantastic opportunity to help a great cause, whilst raising your NGO's profile on our website and social networks. Tweet us a photo for our campaign gallery!
- Tweet us a photo of your NGO (or a local partner NGO) in action, with a caption summing up how your organisation makes its funds count in the longer term. For example, Mango's tweet might read like this: We #MakeItCount by building skills that drive lasting change @mango4NGOs
- Use the campaign hashtag and tag our handle, @mango4NGOs, so we can retweet you! (Please mention your location if possible, or switch on the location setting in Twitter.)