- What we do
- Get connected
- Free resources
- Support local NGOs
Grants are the lifeblood of many NGOs. In the current climate, with general donations falling and pressure increasing to achieve more impact, institutional funding is becoming a more significant source of income for many NGOs. This highlights how important it is to make sound decisions on grant management based on clear, risk-based processes and consistent information.
Mango can support you in implementing a plan to ensure that staff and partners have the capacity, skills and systems in place to manage grants successfully.
This process is likely to include:
Detailed review of:
- Key people in grant management to ensure they have the capacity to fulfil their roles and responsibilities as regards grant management
- Financial management capabilities in areas such as budgeting, expenditure recording, donor reporting processes and authorisaton procedures for new proposals
- The extent of revisions and/or enhancements required in the grant management process
- A gap analysis to focus on the changes an organisation will need to make to successfully strengthen its grant management
- Plans and solutions to closing the gaps, working in close partnership with key staff and management,