- What we do
- Get connected
- Free resources
- Support local NGOs
Phase 2 of the Mango and Bond cost benchmarking survey
If you participate in the study, your NGO will be able to:
- see how your cost structure compares to other NGOs. You will receive an analysis of how your cost rates fit within the ranges of rates for all NGOs in the study. You will also see how your rates compare to a smaller group of peer NGOs, who are of a similar size or who have a similar operational model, (eg if you work primarily through local partners)
- see how the indirect cost rates you receive from major donors compare to the rates being received by other NGOs
- see how your cost recovery practice compares to other NGOs, and your peer group
- receive Mango’s advice on issues that your organisation could look at and improve upon
Participants in Phase 1 found the peer comparison and individual advice to be particularly useful in developing their own performance and practice.
Taking part in the survey will bring the following benefits to your organisation:
- Support and advice in completing the survey, including learning about our standard costing methodology
- A tailored short report summarising the results for your organisation as well as suggestions about immediate steps you could take to improve your cost recovery practice
- An organisational benchmarking report, (which will only be available once there is sufficient comparable benchmarking data). This will show how your NGO compares to the rest of the sector, and to organisations which are similar to yours
- Access to a full report setting out the results of the survey for all participating NGOs.
Completing the survey
Feedback from Phase 1 has been very positive. The guidance is easy to follow and it typically took between one and two person days of time to compile the cost and income data required. Time needed will depend on how data about your funding and cost structure is organised. All data received will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and only anonymised data will be shown in the the reports we distribute.
Only anonymised data will be shown in the published reports, and you will only be able to see how your NGO compares to average and fits within the ranges of results from other NGOs, (whose names will be blanked out). Detailed sector-wide analysis will also only be distributed to participating NGOs. Participating NGOs have asked that such data be ket confidential to participating organisations.
Subscription fee and how to take part
We need to recover the full costs of running the survey and therefore participants will need to pay a subscription fee based on organisation size:
Size of NGO
Please note that the deadline to sign up for Phase 2 is Friday 12 August 2016. To take part, simply email email@example.com to request a copy of the survey agreement form. Once you have returned the completed form, we will email a copy of the survey to you, along with an invoice for the subscription fee.