Booking terms & conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before confirming your place on a Mango course. Pour lire les modalités d'inscription en français, veuillez cliquer ici.
To book a place on a Mango training course, a booking form (either online or manual) must be completed for each applicant. We will assess applications for suitability and send a confirmation or a request for further information within three days of receipt of the booking.
When we have accepted the application, we will ask for written confirmation that you wish to proceed with the booking, including that you (or the person responsible for making the official order) have read and accept these terms and conditions.
The booking application and written confirmation of acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Mango.
We will send an invoice for course fees within seven days of receiving your confirmation of booking. You are then liable for the whole fee unless we receive written notification of cancellation or transfer (see below).
We require full payment of fees before the course takes place. In exceptional circumstances, we will accept a letter of guarantee from sponsors for payment during or after the course takes place.
Invoices are issued (and must be paid) in British Pounds Sterling (GBP). We will send full details of how to pay course fees with the invoice - options include payment by cheque or BACS from a UK bank account; international bank transfer; and international money order. The customer is responsible for all transaction charges.
Mango reserves the right to change advertised details of training events. If we have to cancel a course, we will inform all participants at least two weeks before the course is due to take place. We will reimburse all course fees paid, but we are unable to compensate for any other costs incurred, such as flights and accommodation.
If we have to change the dates of a course, applicants may request a full refund if the new dates are not convenient.
Places on Mango courses are limited and we often have waiting lists. We therefore ask that you let us know as soon as possible if you wish to cancel a booking.
If you have to cancel a place and can find a suitable replacement, there will be no cancellation charge. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges will apply as below. We regret that we have to do this, however all bookings involve administrative costs and it is difficult to fill spaces made vacant by late cancellations. Cancellation charges depend on when we receive your written cancellation notice:
- If cancelled between 14 and 28 days before the course start date, we will refund 90% of course fees (subject to a minimum charge of £30) or credit 90% of the fee to another course. If the invoice is unpaid at the time of cancellation, you will pay 10% of the fee due (or £30 whichever is the greater).
- If cancelled between 7 and 14 days before the course start date, we will refund 50% of course fees or credit 50% of the fee to another course. If the invoice is unpaid at the time of cancellation, you will pay 50% of the fee due.
- For bookings cancelled less than seven days before the course start date or for 'no shows', no refund will be made. If the invoice is unpaid at the time of cancellation, you will still be liable for 100% of the fee.
You may transfer your booking to another course if your circumstances change, subject to the following rules:
- For transfer requests received between 14 and 28 days before the course start date, we will transfer the booking for an administration fee of 10% or £30 (whichever is greater). A later cancellation of the booking will attract a minimum charge of 50% of course fees.
- For transfers requests received less than 14 days before the course start date, if we are unable to fill the place made vacant, we will transfer the booking for an administration fee of 50%. We will reduce the transfer fee to 10% or £30 (whichever is greater) if we are able to fill the vacant space. A later cancellation of the booking will attract a minimum charge of 100% of course fees.
In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to refuse entry or to ask participants to join the training as observers only. In such cases, we will not refund course fees or provide a certificate of attendance but course materials may be retained.
This could include the following circumstances:
- Disruptive or abusive behaviour
- Unauthorised late substitution of a confirmed course participant where the replacement person is not suitable for the course
- Failure to show up on Day 1 of a course
- Where a participant does not meet the minimum required language skill level or other critical entry criteria.
Where required, we will provide a letter to support a visa application when we have received the full course fee. Any additional costs associated with providing a visa letter, for example the cost of sending the letter by courier, will be separately invoiced
Please make sure that you fully research visa entry requirements before you confirm your booking and allow enough time to make the visa application. If you have to cancel your booking because of a failed visa request, normal cancellation charges will apply.
Further details on our visa policy here.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we will add your contact details to our confidential and secure customer database. We will never share your details with external agents.
We will send you Mango's newsletter and information on our other services from time to time.
Last updated: June 2012