- Open Training Calendar
- Open Training Courses
- FM1: Practical financial management for NGOs
- FM1Fr Maîtriser les fondamentaux
- FM2: Financial sustainability essentials
- FM2Fr: L’Essentiel de la Pérennité Financière des ONG
- FM3: Financial management for effective programmes
- FM5: Financial management for effective & sustainable programmes
- FM8: Grant management essentials
- FM8Fr: Les Fondamentaux de la Gestion des Subventions
- FM9: Assessing partners' financial management capacity
- TFT1: Taking the fear out of finance: Training for trainers
- BE2: Budgeting for project proposals
- ZT0: Zero-tolerance apporach to bribery
- Other Courses
- Practical "Taster" Sessions
- Make a booking
- Course fees & discounts
- Bursary scheme
- Booking terms & conditions
- In-house training
- Training Partnerships
- We've been Mango'd!
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Taking the fear out of finance: Training for finance trainers
"It has been the most effective, beneficial and fun training I have attended in the last 15 years. I can’t wait to use my new skills!"
|Course Title:||Taking the fear out of finance: Training for finance trainers|
|For:||NGO finance staff who have finance training as part of their job|
|Fee basis||Non-residential: fee excludes accommodation|
To build the confidence and course design and facilitation skills of finance staff to deliver relevant and effective financial management training to NGO personnel.
This course is specially designed for finance staff who offer financial management training and support to work colleagues and partner NGOs.
Participants do not need previous training experience to attend this course but they must have experience of NGO financial management or accounting. Strong written and verbal English communication skills are also required as all participants are required to complete a practical presentation.
We recommend that you read this course outline carefully to make sure the content is relevant and meets your learning requirements. If you are not sure if this course is for you, please contact us.
The final balance of course content will be decided by those attending the course, according to their interests and training needs.
The core components of the course include:
- the challenges of finance training
- how adults learn and what that means for trainers
- course design basics: learning objectives, lesson plans, selection of approach
- participatory training techniques and when to use them
- how to make financial concepts and jargon interesting and clear
- creating effective resource materials to support the learning
- how to deal with things that go wrong in the training room.
Also see the Programme Guide.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
The Mango training approach is highly practical, participatory and fun!
We focus on real issues and help participants to use the tools covered, rather than just discuss them. We work especially hard to de-mystify financial concepts to overcome the fear of finance.
“Mango training really does take the fear out of finance!”
We keep the group size small so that we can be sure to meet the needs of individual participants. We use a wide variety of learning methods to stimulate interest and meet the differing learning styles of participants – including group activities, quizzes, games and practice sessions.
During the course, participants design and develop, with full support and guidance, a short finance training session to be delivered in pairs or threes on the final day.
A comprehensive course resources folder packed full of advice and ideas is provided. We also offer a free follow-up service by email or phone to all Mango trainees for 12 months after the course takes place.
Graduates of the TFT1 course are also welcome to observe one day on our FM1 course free of charge and are invited to join Mango's LinkedIn group for finance trainers.
How to Book
All courses can be booked online or by completing a booking form and sending it to the training team. Full terms and conditions are also available on our website, as well as the latest calendar, current availability and course fees.
You are also welcome to telephone us with enquiries on +44 (0)1865 423818.
The course fee covers: tuition, all course materials including a course handbook and workbook; complementary Mango pen, ‘jargon ball’ and calculator; lunch and refreshments during the course; and a course certificate.
The course fee does not include the cost of overnight accommodation or travel to and from the training venue.
|Course Planning and Design||
|Making your training effective||
Communicating and supporting your
|Practice makes perfect!||