If you have 10 or more people who need training, it often works out cheaper to have an in-house version of a Mango course.
In-house training is where one organisation (or a group of NGOs) commissions Mango to provide a training event for its own staff or partner NGOs.
In-house training courses will either be:
- 'Off-the-shelf' – where a standard Mango course is delivered or
- Tailored– where Mango will write a new course, according to the brief received.
We can run most of our advertised training courses as an in-house event, plus others that we do not currently offer on our open training programme. For more information, see the list of courses we offer and their detailed course outlines.
Our Suitability Guide explains who each course is most suitable for.
Where can Mango run in-house events?
We can run in-house training almost anywhere in the world! The only limiting factors are language and the safety and security of our trainers.
All Mango courses are available in English and a more limited selection is available in French. Please ask for further details if you have a training need in Spanish. Due to the training approach we use, we are not able to work with interpreters so we therefore require learners to have a good standard of written and spoken English.
If a client needs us to travel to an area considered a high security risk, we require that the trainer is included in the organisation’s security policy and insurance.
What will Mango provide for an in-house course?
Mango will provide:
- One trainer for up to 16 participants (except Training for Finance Trainers events where the maximum number is 12)
- Course handbooks and workbooks, complimentary calculators and pens, and certificates
- End-of-course evaluation and a brief feedback report on the course
- Follow up support to course participants via email for 12 months after the training.
We will also organise the trainer’s international travel, general insurance and the printing of all training resource materials.
What will you be responsible for?
In-house clients are responsible for:
- Ensuring the training group is suitable for the course being delivered (see the Course Suitability Guide)
- Organising course bookings and participants’ logistics
- Hiring training facilities and equipment suitable for participatory-style group training
- Arranging lunch & refreshments for participants and trainer
- Arranging in-country accommodation and travel for the trainer.
What does it cost to have a Mango in-house course?
For ‘off-the-shelf’ courses, we have a set course fee structure.
For specially written (tailored) courses, we calculate the course fee according to the number of days needed for course development and facilitation.
Other Mango expenses added to the course fee include:
- Trainer’s travel time charge (from half to two days according to actual travel time)
- Trainer’s actual travel costs (to/from airports, to/from training location, visa fees) and per diem
- Course materials/manuals and training consumables (from £8 per person)
- The cost of transporting the course materials by courier (from £100 upwards).
When you are working out your budget to run the training, don’t forget to include other costs that Mango is not responsible for, such as:
- Training venue – e.g. room hire, training stationery, food and refreshments
- Participants’ costs – e.g. travel, accommodation, meals
- Facilitator’s overnight accommodation.
We will provide you with a budget showing a breakdown of all Mango’s charges and contract costs, and terms of reference (TORs) outlining what each party is responsible for. TORs are valid for two weeks. An invoice for a deposit of 50% of the course fee will be issued once TORs are signed, to secure the dates and booking.
What information does Mango need to provide an in-house training course?
To help us prepare a quotation and training proposal, we need some preliminary information. If you complete and return the In-house request form, we will be able to proceed with your enquiry immediately. [Request form also available in French]
Further information and next steps
Please send your request form to our Operations Support team who will be happy to help with any further questions.
If you are interested in organising training for a group of NGOs, see the group training page and briefing note.