- Open Training Calendar
- Open Training Courses
- FM1: Practical financial management for NGOs
- FM1Fr Maîtriser les fondamentaux
- FM2: Financial sustainability essentials
- FM2Fr: L’Essentiel de la Pérennité Financière des ONG
- FM3: Financial management for effective programmes
- FM5: Financial management for effective & sustainable programmes
- FM8: Grant management essentials
- FM8Fr: Les Fondamentaux de la Gestion des Subventions
- FM9: Assessing partners' financial management capacity
- TFT1: Taking the fear out of finance: Training for trainers
- BE2: Budgeting for project proposals
- ZT0: Zero-tolerance apporach to bribery
- Other Courses
- Practical "Taster" Sessions
- Make a booking
- Course fees & discounts
- Bursary scheme
- Booking terms & conditions
- In-house training
- Training Partnerships
- We've been Mango'd!
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FM4: Introduction to Financial Management in the Field
Introduction to Financial Management in the Field
Aimed at accountants based in the Head Offices of northern NGOs, or those who have little experience of the relief and development sector, this course helps accountants transfer their skills to the NGO environment.
This course is not suitable for Accountants already working in NGOs in the developing world.
It covers the challenges and practicalities of accounting in field-based operations, including cash accounting systems, internal control, multiple donor reporting and the impact of cultural differences.
This course is 2 days long and non-residential. See the course outline for the objectives and content of FM4.