What we do
Mango’s mission is to strengthen the financial management and accountability of development and humanitarian NGOs and their partners.Scroll down to see our strategy.
We achieve this through six activities:
- Providing training in financial management for NGOs.
- Recruiting finance staff for NGOs and related organisations.
- Publishing practical guides and tools for NGO financial management.
- Providing consultancy services in NGO financial management.
- Organising professional networking opportunities for NGO finance staff.
- Contributing to debates on performance management and accountability for NGOs.
We work within the framework of our publicly stated values. In all our work we aim to:
- Be transparent and act with integrity
- Be professional and ensure our work is high quality
- Be approachable and actively seek out other people’s views
- Work with others to help them achieve their mission
- Learn and improve by reflecting on our experience and being open to new ideas
- Be both inspirational and practical.
By following these values we ensure that our activities have a lasting and concrete impact which helps achieve our mission in practice.
Strategy 2011 to 2016
We are currently developing a brand new strategic plan for 2011 to 2016. Our key goals can be summarised as follows:
To build the confidence and skills of NGO staff and board members to improve accountability and integration of financial management in the management and governance of their programmes.
To increase accessibility to high quality financial management staff for development and humanitarian organisations and their partners, all around the world.
3. Strategies and systems
To enable NGOs to strengthen their financial management strategies and systems and to improve their governance, risk management and accountability processes.
To support the integration of financial management and accountability into the development and implementation of standards of performance for NGOs and professional standards for NGO staff.
To enable NGOs and NGO staff to share information, expertise and develop good practice in financial management and accountability through networking and mentoring.
6. Develop Mango
To continuously develop our own professional skills and quality of our work and ensure the organisation is financially sustainable.